
This question came from Katie yesterday morning, as we drove through the countryside to the little community in which our church is located. With a rather amused smile, I turned in my seat and said, "Well...hmmmm... it kind of looks like a big loopy pancake." Jonathan glanced sideways at me from his driver's position, with raised eyebrows, like he was shocked that I said that. Then he chimed in, too. "More like a gigantic cinnamon roll, Katie." By this point, Katie had this look of shock on her face that was priceless. And Ellie was giggling. I thought I'd get some more teaching in. "Do you know what else, Katie? When cow poop dries up, then it becomes a cow pie." This is where I got the most shocked, horrified, disgusted, jaw-dropped-open look from Katie. More giggling from Ellie. "I am serious, Katie!" I said. "And if you are country kid, you like to throw cow pies at your friends." Katie sort of started to smile at this point, but was still rather taken aback by the whole thing. She does really like pie, especially cherry, and so I can imagine what she was picturing when I said COW pie.
I share this enlightening conversation with you today, partly because I found it very funny, and partly because the moment showcased our girls' personalities so thoroughly. Ellie finds a reason to giggle at lots of things, while Katie is our more serious, contemplative, reserved one. I love them both, and they bring such joy to our lives, even if it's a cow poop question on the way to church.
1 comment:
hahaha.. ha... that's hilarious jules! :) i especially like your description of katie, i could just picture her! and ellie giggling away of course.. you can tell her spencer gets the privalege of walking in cow poop all day.. and i have the privalege of smelling it when he gets home :)
Post a Comment