Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More on Isaiah 40

I have to smile to myself when I think about all God is teaching me, and how He is at work in my life, disciplining me to apply truth in real and personal circumstances.

In the last post, I wrote of trusting the Lord because of His great power and infinite understanding in ALL things. Today, when I visited my OB, my due date was moved up again, by almost 2 weeks - April 12th it is now. In my mind, I panicked a little (okay, a lot), thinking that I don't want too early of a due date and then face induction when my body isn't ready yet. I came home, did some counting on the calendar, and figured out that is actually right on based on my last cycle. So, that was somewhat reassuring.

How foolish I am... depending on counting weeks on a calendar and my own wisdom of my body's "clock." All the true wisdom, infallible wisdom, infinite wisdom of my God that Isaiah so eloquently describes hit me like a ton of bricks. Or maybe that is not a good description since bricks are really heavy. What is heavy is the worry in my heart and mind. What is light and freeing and true is the Lord God Almighty. He knows all things, including the exact second our baby boy sees the bright lights above the delivery table. That's so comforting.

Again, I daily need to rest in this truth...

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like this line best: "What is light and freeing and true is the Lord God Almighty." Keep writing, Julie! :)