Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To our new baby

Dear Baby of ours (written 12-26-2010),

I am about 19 1/2 weeks pregnant with you, and still don't know too much of who you are... haven't been to the doctor yet, but will when we get back from celebrating Christmas with Daddy's family. At about 9 weeks we told your sisters about you. They are both very excited, although Katie didn't believe we were serious at first. She kept thinking of Aunt Lesley's baby on the way and found it too good to be true that she was going to have a new sibling, too. Both Katie and Ellie tell you they love you and send you kisses through my tummy. You are moving quite a lot now, which helps the exciting realization that we will be a family of 5 sink in even more. I first felt your small movements a month ago. It was the day following Thanksgiving, and I was sitting in a favorite chair reading my Bible. You must have had your feet up near my left ribcage, because for over an hour I could feel little bumps and soft kicks in that spot. What a special time it was for me to reflect on the miracle of you growing inside of me. I love wondering about how you will change our world, what you will look like, and what kind of personality you will have. We are very excited to meet you!

4 comments:

Hulst mommy said...

Awww that is so sweet! So any news on the baby? I guess I should check FB. Are you going to find out what it is (I can't remember if I already asked you that).

Congrats again. Can't wait to hear all the updates and see the little one in pictures :) What a blessing!

Jen said...

AHHHHHH!!! Congrats! What a sweet letter:)

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing jules. what a sweet and heartfelt letter to your newest little one. i love that you took the time to write down specific memories that you may now hold onto and cherish forever. i am so very excited for you and the rest of the wangsgard clan! can't wait till you find out if it's a little mr. or miss. :)

Mrs David W said...

Loved this note :) So beautiful and your newbie will cherish mom and dad so much :)