Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Katie's birthday

Katie's birthday party was such fun. We celebrated on Friday, the day before she actually turned four. I am thankful that it went so well. Katie requested a bubble gum theme, and so I went with the gumball machine idea. I ended up with a gumball machine cake and a gumball version of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey for a game. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and so did the adults. In the evening, we had breakfast for dinner, with pancakes, strawberries, strawberry juice, strawberry syrup, and bacon, all of which were Katie's requests. She was so full of joy and just sparkled her way through the day. One of my favorite parts of the day was watching her share with the other kids in the opening of her gifts. How that blessed my heart! She was so patient and giving, even though all those gifts were hers. Thank you, Lord, for our sweet Katie!



Here are some fun things Katie said on the day of all the celebrating:

"I'm just so excited!"

"She's just so glad to be with me!" - in reference to her new doll named Katinna

"Dear Lord, thank you for all the stuff. I love, love, love all my new things."

No comments: