This past weekend, my dad turned 65, and Lesley (my sister) and I decided to give him a party. The catch was that we threw the party at his house, so we actually had to reveal the surprise the morning of the party so that we could prepare for it. We were so pleased that so many friends and family showed up. Dad had high school friends there, as well as friends from the last church he pastored. There were even friends who came from our Nevada days, which goes back the late 80's and early 90's. It was such a joy to give Dad this party, and he was really grateful for this momentous occasion! Thank you, Lord!
4 comments:
It was so much fun! 12 pans? I hear 8, and I thought that was a lot! :)
That looks like SO much fun! I bet he felt so loved:)
I heard that you and Lesley did a fantastic job on the food! So glad your dad enjoyed it!!! Good job on pulling off such a large party! :) Do you do children's birthday parties??? ;)
Kori, we cooked 8 that night, so there wer four left that didn't get sauce right away! April, it was so great having your dad there to take photos! Not that we invited him for that - - he just did it! What a gift. Children's parties... hmmm, I'll have to get back to you on that! :)
Post a Comment