Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rainy May

It's been raining here every day in May so far. It's great - - we really need it. We haven't gotten a lot of fresh air lately, so I am trying to think of things we don't normally do, to keep the kiddos occupied. Today was fort day. I threw blankets over our table, and the girls had fun with tea parties and going in and out of the door.



Many times a day, the question, "Mommy, will you play with me?" comes from Katie. Today I joined in on pretending to eat some puzzle pieces that had different foods and animals on them. Katie asked me to eat some octopus; I tasted it and then pretended to gag on the taste, exclaiming, "Uh! I don't really like octopus." Katie replied, "Well, mom, that's okay. You still have to eat it." Hmmmm...where has she heard that before? Then, I explained to her that in real life I have actually tasted octopus, and I liked it. Poor thing - - she looked horrified.

2 comments:

Brenden Family said...

That is a favorite treat in Korea! Marina has had it often, but not her favorite, either! Ha!

Jen said...

What a cute picture! I loved making forts with my sisters when we were little. So much fun:)