Thursday, October 11, 2012

Answered Prayer

Dear Katie,

For a while now you have been praying about making some new friends here in Copperopolis. We have all been praying about this as a family, and you started praying about it more in the last few weeks. Just last week, we had the opportunity to visit a meeting of a homeschool family-centered support group in the area. When I told you we were visiting, you were beside yourself with excitement.

At our visit, we discovered that there were a couple of girls that were your age. You were fast friends. I remember watching you run around the playground next to one of your new friends. You caught my eye, and there was such joy written all over your face. As we got in the car to drive home, you exclaimed, "Oh, Mommy, the Lord answered my prayer! I have a new friend!" I was just about brought to tears over your joy and sensitivity to the Lord working in your young life. Katie, I was so thankful for your recognition of the Lord answering your desire for friendship.

I wanted to record this answer to prayer, so that you can look back and remember it for years to come. Who knows - - maybe you will remember it without having to read about it. I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us through this wonderful group of people. Love you lots, my Katie.

Love from Mommy

No comments: