
It was several years ago that I first heard this little saying. I was at a bridal shower, and an elderly friend shared how her grandmother used to say this to remind her that it's important to commit the big things, as well as the little things, to the Lord in prayer. I am reminded of this story now and then, and most recently this past week.
I was at the gas pump, putting yet another $50 plus into our van and sighing as I watched the climbing digits. As I reset the odometer, I silently prayed for the Lord to stretch that tank of gas so we'd get better than normal mileage. Almost a week later, I was about ready to fill up again, and realized that the odometer showed more miles than usual for the tank being so low. Then I remembered what I had asked the Lord to do. I was struck by how often I lack faith, and how faithful God is even in the things we may count as little. I intend to keep praying over my gas tank mileage - we got almost 24.5 mpg and it's usually 20 to 22!
4 comments:
thank you for that reminder jules. that is something that i need to remember to do more often... pray for the small things too.
Excellent prayer lesson Julie!
I was just having this conversation with someone at a party over the weekend - how God cares about the little things. Thank you for posting this! :)
Oh His faithfulness is so awesome!
I try to encourage (and remember myself) people to pray for the little things, even if they may seem silly. He cares!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment