Friday, April 9, 2010

FOR SALE

Today, we took what seems like a huge step in our lives...we put our first home on the market. For a year now, we've been thinking and praying about moving closer to town. I've said before that we are 30 minutes from shopping, Jonathan is 35 minutes from work, and we are 40 minutes from our church. Jonathan is one of 4 men at our church who share the teaching and preaching. In a couple months he could be one of two, as two of the men desire to go to seminary in Washington state. About six weeks back, we decided to really get serious about moving, and began the final finish work on our home. Earlier today, a realtor came out and took pictures and we did the necessary paperwork.

There would be obvious benefits to moving closer. But, it is rather difficult to think about giving up this place that we and some of our best friends and family members took time building. It's the first place we purchased together, and the place we've lived 5 of our 9 years of marriage. It's the only home Katie and Ellie have known.

After the realtor left today, I took a ton of pictures (over 100) of our house, both inside and out. I really want to remember all the details! Jonathan and I were up until after midnight last night preparing for the realtor. I love how everything looks so clean, fresh, and clutter-free after several weeks of maneuvering around paint cans, drop cloths, drills, and hammers.









Trusting the Lord in this is so vital. We truly cannot lean on our own understanding. The Lord knows the buyer for this place; He knows what price we need to get for it to afford to move closer; He knows the prefect place for us to go to; He knows our lender. It's so easy for me to obsess about all these details and try to control them. But, I can't. It's fruitless and sinful. Trusting in the Almighty God for this big adventure we are undertaking is the only way to go. Praise the Lord for that!

So,if you are reading this, we ask that you'd pray for us to have wisdom in all this, and in moments of weakness to turn to the Lord and pray, and not lean on our own understanding. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

Hulst mommy said...

We are praying! What an exciting time, but even I'm sad that you'll be leaving such a wonderful place of memories! :)

Julie said...

Thanks, Kori!