Monday, May 4, 2009

Odd and ends...

The Wangsgard family has been busy lately, with a variety of things...from refinancing to being hit with a mild flu to hanging out with friends...

As of April 24th, we got our final FINAL on the new house. What a blessing to be done with the county on that part (they still have to come out one more time once the mobile is moved to see that we completed it's "demolition"). So, now we are in the process of refinancing, and thankful to take advantage of the low interest rates! We praise the Lord for His timing in all of this.

The girls got mild cases of the flu last week. With Ellie, I wasn't even sure if I should call it the flu. She got over it so quickly. Katie didn't do quite as well, although she only threw up for about 12 hours. It started at 4:00am Saturday morning, and we hadn't gone to bed until 1:00am! Jonathan got a mild case, too, so I was the one who went to church Sunday. It felt very weird not being responsible for the girls while I sat through the message for the first time in a while.

We are getting tons of rain here, which is so wonderful! We look forward to getting outside to plant our garden soon, and are thinking about what we can do to landscape inexpensively.

The girls are well. They play great together MOST of the time. I think they are learning what sibling rivalry is all about. They've been whining at one another and taking swings here and there. I don't have a lot of patience for this, so I am learning, too!

Katie really blessed us the other night as we had prayer time before bed...as she prayed she thanked Jesus for His cross. I almost cried. What a joy to see her heart tender toward Jesus. She hasn't, to my knowledge, come to the point of repentance. But, we pray that she one day does, and it's such a blessing to see that God is drawing her to Himself.

No comments: