Mom and Dad have been building their own home for the past six years, and they were finally able to move in at the end of March. We have been talking about family gatherings at their new home for a long time now, and now it's a reality. Their home is beautiful, and it's such a joy to see them taking some much deserved relaxing time and having a less stressed existence. Praise the Lord for my dad's perseverance in completing this project. We enjoyed making meals together in the large kitchen, sitting around the dining table playing games, and relaxing on the front porch. We also enjoyed nearby recreational areas where the girls had fun playing in the creek, and the guys played Frisbee golf and horse shoes.
Ellie turned one last Thursday, and I am full of thankfulness for our little "Joy." I praise the Lord for her life, and think back to last year with much gratefulness that her birth, which could have been full of complications, went so smoothly. So, now a year later, we are truly enjoying our little Ellie. She is walking and tries to say lots of things we don't quite understand. She loves to cuddle and loves playing with Katie. Ellie does everything with lots of gusto, whether she's throwing a tantrum, enjoying a book, or eating her food. We love our little girl.
Last, but of course not least, Lesley and Matt announced that they'll be having their second child coming next December. We are some excited to add another little one to the family!
And here are some pics from our fun-filled vacation:




2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Ellie! I can't believe it's been a year already! Julie, the pictures are wonderful - it looks like you guys had a great time!
GREAT pics! What a cute blog - I love it:) I'm so happy you're able to stay at home. That's just wonderful!
Post a Comment