I have been wanting to do this pillow project for... I don't know... over a year. My friend sent me the link on how to make these simple covers. They use very basic machine sewing skills, so if you know how to use a sewing machine, you are set. I love that I can slip them off to wash them. The plaid ones turned out a little snug, so it'll be more like tug-of-war to get those ones off. Take accurate measurements, as the directions say, and you won't have any trouble. I made eight altogether. A close friend shared with me that you want a geometric (could be circles, triangles, plaid), a floral, and a stripe pattern when decorating. I forgot this while I was shopping, but it turned out alright anyway. The green one has a faint stripe pattern, the red is floral, and the yellow counts for the geometric.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4425862_make-envelope-pillow-case.html
Next step - getting curtains up at our windows and making shower curtains for both bathrooms... probably not until the new year.
1 comment:
These look great Jules! Wonderful job!
Post a Comment