
Today, Jonathan and I celebrate nine years of marriage. I am so thankful for the gracious, patient, faithful, godly man the Lord gave me! Here are 9 years in review:
8-5-01: Our wedding day in southern Cal at Grace Fellowship; moved into our first apartment in Santee, CA.
9-01: Jonathan began student teaching and I began my last year of college. In November Jonathan got his first teaching job at a Christian school.
1-02: Moved to a bigger apartment for less $ in El Cajon
5-02: Both graduated from Christian Heritage College
6-02: Jonathan got a job in Lancaster, CA as a 4/5 teacher and I got a job at a scrapbook store. Spent 2 years in Lancaster.
6-04: Jonathan got a job teaching 3rd grade at Redding Christian School, and so we moved north. I worked as an instructional aide in a public school district.
6-05: Purchased our first home in the mountainous communtiy of Shingletown, 30 minutes east of Redding; found out we were expecting our first child
3-06: Katherine Laura was born
Summer 06: Jonathan left RCS, and got a job in Anderson, CA
Summer 07: Jonathan got laid-off and a new teaching job at a brand new charter school; found out we were expecting our second child
4-08: Eliana Joy was born
5-08: Began construction on our home
5-09: Received final on our home
Present - So thankful for God's guiding had in our marriage. He has so thoroughly taken care of us and met our needs, even when we fail to acknowledge that. He is so faithful. Obviously, this is a VERY brief look at the events that have shaped our lives the past nine years, but it'd take a very long blog to type it all the details!
2 comments:
Wow! Happy 9 years!!!! What a fun recap of the last 8 years I've missed :) Had no idea Ellie's name was Eliana, so cute!
Your life and marriage and family are incredibly beautiful, Julie. God has showered you with blessings! :)
Post a Comment