Friday, August 6, 2010

Making Apple Pie

Yesterday, for our anniversary, I made Jonathan an apple pie with a crumb top crust (I have learned Jonathan isn't much of a crust man. He'd rather have the fruit. So he really likes the crumb topping like you would see on a dutch apple pie. So, I have changed to this way of baking pies for him). I got the girls in on the action by allowing them to create mini-pies in some little oven-safe dishes I have. They had such fun and I was so glad I dealt with the mess long enough to include them. Afterall, working in the kitchen is always better with company! Their smiles are rather cheesy in some of the photos, but they were so proud of their creations. Katie was especially enjoying forming her crust in little balls around the edge of her dish.







By the way, I ran out of lemon juice, some I put a little lime juice into the apple mixture. The pies turned out really yummy, although I don't know if I can say it was all because of the lime juice.

No comments: