"Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14
A special place to be is waiting on the Lord, but I must say that I don't always view it with thankfulness. One of my biggest struggles in my walk with the Lord is to just sit still and wait. I want to control things somehow, instead of just being patient...
Last week, our realtor emailed us, asking if we'd like to drop the price of our house since we haven't gotten any bites at all (no phone calls, showings, etc.). Jonathan and I had several discussions about it over the weekend before I called our realtor this morning and told her our decision was no, we are not ready to drop the price, at least not yet. At times we so badly want to move closer, and then there are all these emotional ties to this house, and "giving" it away seems out of the question. So, we explore options: Should we rent it and move, renting closer in until we have enough of a down payment to buy something else? Should we be willing to drop the price enough for it to sell? Or is it not selling because our town just isn't where people are buying right now?...
So many what-ifs. Last week, a friend's status on facebook was a quote from Corrie ten Boom. "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." I really want to learn to have a deep, unmovable trust in my Lord. He knows the answers to our questions, and His timing is absolutely perfect. I wish I could walk in this knowledge 100% of the time, but I am still growing and learning, and so thankful for the patient Saviour I have.
So, we wait, and learn to trust in the Lord more deeply. Thank you, Lord.
3 comments:
Oh I hear you! We have been waiting on the Lord for 7 years now regarding the seminary question. We had no idea the lesson that was to be taught (and still is being taught) on waiting and trusting Him. 7 years?!?!?! :) But we know that His will is more important than our desires and impatience :)
We will pray that the Lord bring the perfect buyer at the perfect time and purchase it at a price that will glorify Him!
Great quote by Corrie ten Boom! It is SO hard to wait and be patient - most times I'd rather do anything but that. I pray that God would give you wisdom and discernment in your housing situation and give you peace in the midst of the unknowns. Keep me posted:)
Thanks, both of you! We appreciate your prayers so much. How special to have people supporting us in prayer miles away from us. Wow, Kori, 7 years! I had no idea!
Post a Comment