Christmas 2009...I am grateful for another season spent with those I love, surrounded by family and friends. It went by so quickly, and as I look back, I am remembering two significant events that happened during this season...
Last year, on Christmas Day night, my grandmother, Hildegard Berreth died and went to be with our sweet Jesus. She was a wonderful woman, one whose presence and infuence is greatly missed in our family. She loved Jesus dearly, and I am so thankful we will be reunited with her one day. Grandma loved Christmas, and one of her favorite Christmas traditions was to sing "Silent Night" in German on Christmas Eve. We honored that tradition last week, and how wonderful to share our memories with Katie, Lilly, and Ellie, and listen to them sing along with us.
Another special memory I have took place ten years ago this season. I was home from my first semester of my sophomore year of college, to be with my mom, dad, and Lesley for Christmas. For the New Year, Jonathan came up to visit and stay with my family. This was the first visit without other friends around...it lasted a few days, and after he left to go home, I realized for the first time that I love him. It was the most exciting realization to admit to my parents. Jonathan had known for several months that I was "the one", but it took a little more time for me to come around. So, with great joy we returned to school that semester, and officially began dating a month later. And, most of you who would read this know the rest of the story...
1 comment:
What a beautiful family!
Post a Comment