Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Poor Katie, she is beginning to experience bad dreams, or her memory is developed enough to remember them. We got a book from the library entitled Never, Ever Shout in a Zoo. It's a very cute story about a little girl who shouts at the zoo, and causes all the animals to break out. Very gentle illustrations, but I think something in it triggered Katie's bad dream. She told me, with much seriousness, about the mommy leopard (with big paws and spots) that came out of her wall in her bedroom. Poor thing... I did my best to explain where dreams come from, and that REAL leopards live far away from here or in the zoo locked behind bars. I told her about the book being a silly pretend story (she understands the meaning of "pretend"). I even showed her some pics from Google images of cute little furry sweet leopard cubs. We asked God to protect her and keep her safe and help her to know what is real and what is a dream. I read to her from her Psalms for Young Children (great book for little ones - - I got it on Amazon.com) about God's protection and comfort. That seemed to help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment